Raglan Return Scenic Flight and Lunch
$399 / per person
- Take a short flight down to the picturesque West Coast township of Raglan.
- Located under Mt Karioi and next to the raglan harbour, as well as the Tasman sea, this unique geography makes for a charming lunch destination.
- Fly from Ardmore over the rolling hills and green pastures of the Waikato, with views of New Zealand’s longest river the Waikato river as well views of west coast black sand beaches.
- After arriving, take a short walk to the Orca bar and restaurant for a two course lunch and a drink with a splendid view of the Raglan harbour.
- After enjoying a tasty meal and drink, enjoy a scenic flight back to Ardmore.
- The whole experience including flights and lunch will be approximately three and half hours in duration.
DepartureDC-3 hangar, 458 Corsair Lane, Ardmore Airport, Papakura, Auckland
Departure TimeApproximately 10.30am
Return TimeApproximately 2 pm
Dress CodeComfortable and Casual
Included2 Course LunchFlightFree parkingOne DrinkScenic Flight
Not Included1 Drink1 Main Course2-Course Meala fridge and all the catering equipment you may need. BBQ equipmentAir TaxiAirport Transferan ovenDinnerGeo-Thermal SpaGuided TourKayakingking size bed and the living room has a fold out sofa if required. Kitchen: gas stovesLunchOvernight accommodation includes: Overnight weekday accommodation in a one bedroom chalet Return Scenic flight from Pauanui to Slipper Island; One bedroom self-contained chaletOvernight StayPrivate GuidesnorkelingSpaTaxi TransferTransportationWine-Tasting
How it goes...
Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your 8.30am flight time at DC-3 Hangar, 458 Corsair Lane, Ardmore Airport, Papakura, Auckland
Enjoy your scenic flight
Fly from Ardmore over the rolling hills and green pastures of the Waikato, with views of New Zealand’s longest river the Waikato river as well views of west coast black sand beaches.
Walk to ORCA Bar
After arriving, take a short walk to the Orca bar and restaurant for a two-course lunch and a drink with a splendid view of the Raglan harbour.
Back to the airport
After enjoying a tasty meal and drink, enjoy a scenic flight back to Ardmore.
We hope you enjoy your time with us in the air and on the ground.
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
From a family meal to a nice romantic evening, Orca Bar have plenty on offer. Situated right on the ocean, you can sit and soak up the stunning view of the inner harbour, and out to the Raglan bar. They have adapted their a la carte menu regularly with an emphasis on enhancing seasonal produce highlighting fresh, complementary flavours. The bar area hosts a pool table, TAB machine and Sports TVs. They have both Good George local craft beer and Lion products on tap, while their extensive wine list is carefully created to please most palates. On fine days, they have an outdoor deck with sea views, perfect for enjoying an award winning toasted espresso coffee served anytime of the day. Sample Menu: (valid for your choice of warmed olives and garlic bread for a starter, one main, and drink per person)
- Eggs and herbs - free range eggs, sourdough or seeded loaf
- Bene - poached eggs, sourdough, spinach, hollandaise
- Chicken noodle bowl - chili, coriander, soy, roasted peanuts
- Goodness bowl - avocado, broccoli, chickpeas, spinach, date
- Chargrilled sirloin steak - hand cut agrias, hollandaise
- Spinach salad - raw spinach, feta, olive, kumara, hummus, aioli
- Orca burger - mcClure pickles, meyer gouda, slaw, jalapeno relish, fries, aioli, beef patty -cooked pink / lentil patty
- Fish and chips - beer battered fish, green salad, house made tartare
Terms and Conditions
Bookings essential. Subject to availability on the day.
Air Auckland Limited reserves the right to postpone or cancel a flight due to weather or other circumstances. If the flight is cancelled due to weather issues, the flight will be rebooked to another suitable day.
Valid for one person per voucher. Flights are on a shared basis. Minimum of 2 people per flight, maximum 8 people, single bookings are wait-listed to confirm. Must be used in 1 visit. Voucher holder will forfeit the fare if cancelled inside 48 hours or no show; a $50 fee will be charged if voucher holder cancels outside of 48 hours and the remaining amount will be refunded. Refunds will be processed from 15 to 30 working days, depending on the payment platforms used. All transactions will be billed in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST.
Provide Booking Reference upon arrival. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your flight.