Terms and Conditions
Terms And Conditions Scenic Flight and Packages
Voucher is valid for one person per ticket for four months from the date of purchase. Flights are on a shared basis. Minimum of 2 people per flight, single bookings are wait-listed to confirm. Must be used in 1 visit. Provide Booking Reference upon arrival. Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your flight.
Due to Civil Aviation Administration’s regulation and safety concerns, Air Auckland will conduct weight and balance calculations for each flight. However, we will contact you if the combined weight doesn’t work for your flight.
Despite our best endeavours to ensure that flights depart and arrive on time, safety is our primary concern and therefore Air Auckland cannot guarantee that flights will depart and arrive on the scheduled times.
Refund and Cancellation
Air Auckland Limited reserves the right to postpone or cancel a flight due to weather or any unforeseen circumstances. If the flight is cancelled due to weather, the client may choose to reschedule or refund. A 5% booking fee will be charged and the remaining amount will be refunded under these circumstances.
The client will forfeit the fare if cancelled within 48 hours or no show. A no show is when the client fails to arrive to the departure venue no later than 5 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time or fails to advise Air Auckland of a delay in arrival at the departure venue no later than 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time. A 10% fee per transaction will be charged if the client cancels outside of 48 hours and the remaining amount will be refunded. A $30 fee per transaction will apply if the ticket holder needs to reschedule the flight for more than once. All transactions will be billed in New Zealand dollars and are inclusive of GST. Refunds will be processed from 15 to 30 working days, depending on the payment platforms used.
Our mission is to provide the best possible experience for all of our passengers. We cannot however guarantee the comfort of young children due to the noise and confined spaces of the aircraft. We therefore recommend that passengers flying with young children bring earplugs and any other distractions to minimise the stress of flying.
Infant under the age of 3 fly at no extra cost but will be seated on the accompanying adult’s lap
Terms and Conditions of Charter
Air Auckland will:
1. (a) carry out the Charter subject to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the Schedule;
2. (b) ensure that the Aircraft is fully equipped for the Charter and properly crewed and operational;
3. (c) obtain all licences, permits and authorizations required in respect of the Charter to enable the Aircraft to be lawfully flown as provided in the Schedule;
The Customer will:
1. (a) pay Air Auckland the Charter Fee set out in the Schedule. A deposit of 30% of the Charter Fee is payable on Charter confirmation with the balance payable 7 days prior to travel;
2.. (b) pay for any additional services requested by the Customer which Air Auckland agrees to provide, including but not limited to additional flight time;
3. (c) pay GST where applicable in addition to the Charter Fee.
4. (d) pay any individual airport departure or other applicable charges (if required);
5. (e) provide Air Auckland, prior to the Charter, with such passenger information as Air Auckland may require;
6. (f) comply with all requirements of Air Auckland concerning the carriage of baggage or cargo on the Charter including such information as Air Auckland may require prior to the Charter of any such baggage or cargo.
7. (g) not carry Dangerous Goods on board Air Auckland aircraft.
8. (h) ensure that all passengers and owners or forwarders of baggage or cargo carried on the Charter comply with all customs, immigration, police, health and other requirements applicable either to the passengers or to the baggage or cargo under the laws of New Zealand or any country to or from which the Aircraft will fly during the Charter;
9. (i) not smoke on Air Auckland aircraft in accordance with Civil Aviation Rules.
10. (j) ensure that all passengers have the necessary visa’s and passports, and comply with applicable airport security, health, import, customs and excise requirements for any flight. The customer indemnifies Air Auckland for any fine or other penalty which may be imposed against Air Auckland which renders Air Auckland liable for any non-compliance by any passengers.
11.(K) indemnify Air Auckland for any damage that any passengers may cause to the aircraft or its fittings.
12. (l) indemnify Air Auckland against any loss or liability that Air Auckland may suffer due to any breach or failure of the Customer to comply with the terms of these Terms and Conditions.
Operation of the Aircraft:
Air Auckland through the Captain of the Aircraft will have sole control over all operational and safety aspects of the Charter. Air Auckland will not be liable in any way for any departure from the terms of the Charter as a result of the Captain exercising this control:
1. (a) to decide when and how a flight may be undertaken;
2. (b) to decide where and when the Aircraft should be landed;
3. (c) to refuse to carry any passenger, baggage or cargo;
4. (d) to decide what load may be carried and its distribution;
5. (e) to make any other decision which in the Captain’s sole opinion may be necessary or advisable for the safe and prudent operation of the Aircraft.
Limitation of Liability:
Air Auckland expressly limits its liability to total amount of the amount of the Charter Fee. In addition Air Auckland shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage incurred as a result of:
1. (a) any delay or non-performance on the part of Air Auckland. No timely or other performance of the Charter can be;
2. (b) in particular (and without limitation to clause 5(a) above) Air Auckland will not be liable for any delay or non-performance caused by:
i. any fault or neglect of the Customer;
ii. delays due to engineering or maintenance of the Aircraft;
iii. any operational maintenance or emergency requirements affecting the Aircraft or the aircrew; or
iv. force majeure, including (without limitation) any weather disruption, or any matter outside the control of Air Auckland.
Refund and Cancellation
Where Air Auckland:
1. (a) is unable to commence the Charter (without any fault or neglect of the Customer) it will refund the Charter Fee;
2. (b) commences but is unable to complete the Charter (without fault or neglect of the Customer) it may at its discretion refund part of the Charter Fee for that part of the Charter which is uncompleted provided that no refund shall be made where the non-completion of the Charter is caused by force majeure, weather or any matter outside Air Auckland’ control.
Where the Customer cancels the charter the following cancellation fees apply.
From confirmation to 7 days prior to departure: 30% of the charter fee；
7 days to 72 hrs prior to departure: 50% of the charter fee；
72 hrs – 24 hrs prior to departure: 70% of the charter fee
24 hrs – departure time: 100% of the charter fee
The Customer acknowledges that all conditions and provisions of the Schedule, any ticket or manifest or other document issued either for passengers or for baggage or cargo on the Charter shall be read in conjunction with and form part of these Terms and Conditions
Where the Charter is undertaken for the purposes of a business the Customer and Air Auckland agree that the provisions of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 do not apply.
No variation to the Charter shall be permitted except with the prior approval of Air Auckland and subject to such terms and conditions as Air Auckland shall require.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in all respects in accordance with New Zealand law and subject to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.
Dangerous goods may not be carried. These include compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, firearms, and poisons. A list of common dangerous goods is displayed at all New Zealand airports and further information is available on request. Passengers are requested to clarify any doubtful items.