As an air transport service provider, Air Auckland is committed to sustainability. As we grow and expand, we are continually learning from industry pioneers, peer companies and other industry stakeholders. We are committed to learning and growing together with our clients and other stakeholders to make New Zealand a better place for generations to come.
Kaitiakitanga - guardianship and protection
It’s every New Zealanders responsibility to protect the natural environment. And in particular, it is our responsibility to regularly improve daily operations to eliminate our carbon footprint.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, so even a seemingly inconsequential change will contribute to the greater good if we all have faith and the will to drive change.
Our action plan is:
- Optimising booking procedure to maximise passenger loading;
- Improving check-in, take-off and landing procedures to reduce fuel burn;
- Regular crew briefing to raise environmental awareness;
- Implementing electronic check-in forms;
- Offering hot/cold water in the hangar and encourage client and visitors to bring reusable water bottles;
- Reducing chemical products used in daily operations;
- Looking at fuel-efficient aircraft for our fleet in the future;
Manaakitanga - the process of showing respect, generosity and care for others between different people, groups and cultures.
Mannakitanga is one of the core values of Air Auckland. With a multi-ethnicity team, we understand reciprocal respect better and ensure we treat our clients that way.
Our action plan is:
- Standardising procedure to ensure consistent quality management;
- Being a responsible host;
- Showing kindness to clients and each others
- Nurturing long term relationship with clients and stakeholders.
We believe that together with our clients and stakeholders, Air Auckland could do a better job. With constant improvements, we are determined to do our part to make New Zealand a better place for generations to come.